Friday, August 14, 2009

MAC Trip

Popped into my local MAC store this afternoon to pick up some Fix+ and find out why I have not been getting mailings for events and upcoming collections. I guess everyone is trying to save money these days on their advertising. The exciting news is that while I was there, I got to swatch the new Makeup Artists' Collection and there are some hits and some misses.

HITS!
The five eyeliners are in new super kewl colors. It seems that MAC may have been taking notice of Urban Decays amazing pencils because Artistic License is a dead ringer for the Urban Decay Glide on Eye Pencil in Electric. (Remember the UD is on sale this week if you use the 30% off code in my earlier post!)

Colour Matters is my favorite of all these pencils. I have never owned a pencil this bright and this chartreuse. It is amazing. If you can only buy one pencil from the collection I think this is the most unique one and I would even say buy two because it will be a favorite.

Full of Fuchsia is the hot pink pencil. I am going to have to try this one on someone who has olive toned skin. I think that reds and pink eye pencils really look great on people with more yellow undertones in their skin and also on people who have brown eyes.

Obviously Orange is just what the name says...orange. I am going to try this one with it's complimentary color, blue and come up with some looks. I will post pics once I have them together.

Graphblack is the last pencil and you probably have a million black liners if you are like me. But seriously, who isn't looking for a really good black eyeliner that is soft enough for your waterline too? Well look no more. Just go for it and buy all five of these pencils!

MISSES!
The lipstick collection. There was not one shade that I saw that made me think that it was totally new or unique or that I "had to have it." I was underwhelmed with the generic use of color.

NOT ON SALE YET!
So you know this collection is not on sale to the public yet. It launches in the US on August 20th. I have an appointment next Friday to go back and play with all the products and pick up the items I selected today, so more news will follow once I have the products home. I will take my camera to the store next week to get pics for the blog so look for those soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment