Friday, August 14, 2009
The five eyeliners are in new super kewl colors. It seems that MAC may have been taking notice of Urban Decays amazing pencils because Artistic License is a dead ringer for the Urban Decay Glide on Eye Pencil in Electric. (Remember the UD is on sale this week if you use the 30% off code in my earlier post!)
Colour Matters is my favorite of all these pencils. I have never owned a pencil this bright and this chartreuse. It is amazing. If you can only buy one pencil from the collection I think this is the most unique one and I would even say buy two because it will be a favorite.
Full of Fuchsia is the hot pink pencil. I am going to have to try this one on someone who has olive toned skin. I think that reds and pink eye pencils really look great on people with more yellow undertones in their skin and also on people who have brown eyes.
Obviously Orange is just what the name says...orange. I am going to try this one with it's complimentary color, blue and come up with some looks. I will post pics once I have them together.
Graphblack is the last pencil and you probably have a million black liners if you are like me. But seriously, who isn't looking for a really good black eyeliner that is soft enough for your waterline too? Well look no more. Just go for it and buy all five of these pencils!
The lipstick collection. There was not one shade that I saw that made me think that it was totally new or unique or that I "had to have it." I was underwhelmed with the generic use of color.
NOT ON SALE YET!
So you know this collection is not on sale to the public yet. It launches in the US on August 20th. I have an appointment next Friday to go back and play with all the products and pick up the items I selected today, so more news will follow once I have the products home. I will take my camera to the store next week to get pics for the blog so look for those soon.
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
MAC Style Black Collection
U.S. Launch Date: September 24th, 2009
International Launch Date: October 2009
From “Back to Black” beehive and eyeliner to Steven “80s” Sprouse-in-the-House kohl and fringe to Gareth Pugh London New Goth, Black is simply beyond. Lips, nails, eyes there’s no more dramatic way to declare your desire, separate your sensibility, celebrate your magnetism. They WILL surrender to a Blackfire Glimmerglass, Rapidblack Penultimate Eyeliner, a slash of Greasepaint Stick, and the hot scratch of Baby Goth Girl Nail Lacquer. Style Black is a way of life, a shadowy and mysterious figure of fantasy, even for just one dark and dangerous night.
Lipstick ($14.00 U.S. / $16.50 CDN)
- Black Knight Creamy true black (Cremesheen) (Limited Edition)
Mattene ($14.50 U.S. / $17.50 CDN)
- Midnight Media Dense matte black (Limited Edition)
- Night Violet Deep purple grape (Repromote) (Limited Edition)
Glimmerglass ($18.00 U.S. / $21.50 CDN)
- Bling Black Sheer black with gold pearl (Limited Edition)
- Blackfire Sheer black with pink purple pearl (Limited Edition)
- Blackware Creamy true black (Limited Edition)
Mineralize Eye Shadows ($19.00 U.S. / $23.50 CDN)
- Cinderfella Black with silver pearl (Limited Edition)
- Young Punk Black with pink purple pearl (Limited Edition)
- Gilt by Association Black with gold bronze pearl (Limited Edition)
- Blue Flame Black with blue pearl (Limited Edition)
Get more details…
Grease Paintstick ($17.50 U.S. / $21.00 CDN)
- Black Intense black (Limited Edition)
Penultimate Liner ($16.50 U.S. / $20.00 CDN)
- Rapidblack True black (Permanent)
Eye Kohl ($14.50 U.S. / $17.50 CDN)
- Smolder Intense Black (Permanent)
Cream Colour Base ($16.50 U.S. / $20.00 CDN)
- Black Creamy True black (Limited Edition)
- Bat Black Burgundy black with pink pearl (Permanent at PRO)
Nail Lacquer ($12.00 U.S. / $14.00 CDN)
- Nocturnelle True black (Cream) (Permanent)
- Seriously Hip Black with gold particle pearl (Frost) (Limited Edition)
- Baby Goth Girl Black with pink and purple pearl (Frost) (Limited Edition)
- #214 Short Shader Brush Short, rounded, double-chiselled brush with soft, natural bristles. Can be used with shadow to line and smudge around the lash line and very effective for densely shading lids. (Permanent) ($23.00 U.S. / $27.50 CDN)
Volcanic Ash Exfoliator ($19.50 U.S. / 23.50 CDN)
For all skin types. Volcanic ash (in the form of mineral-rich clay), sugar crystals and natural enzymes combine to exfoliate and remove excess oils from the skin. 3.4oz (Limited Edition)
Volcanic Ash Thermal Mask ($19.50 U.S> / $23.50 CDN)
VATM contains natural volcanic ash to cleanse and treat the skin. The mineral-rich ash works with oat kernel flour to help absorb excess oil from the skin’s surface. A combo of natural oils (lavendar, sunflower, safflower seed and evening primrose) help lubricate the skin, leaving it feeling soft and moisturized. It helps to even out the skin’s texture and leaves the skin feeling smooth and perfected for makeup application. The unique formula glides effortlessly onto the skin, allowing ample playtime. The mask heats up on the skin when used with water and removes impurities from the surface, leaving skin looking radiant and fresh. Use 1-3 times a week. Derm-tested, non-acnegenic and for all skins. 3.4oz (Limited Edition)
Shop at www.urbandecay.com and SAVE 30% off Aug 10-20th, 2009.
Use Code: FNFF1