Sunday, September 20, 2009

Victoria Secret Haul - Who knew they did more than panties?

Maybe I live on another planet. I had no idea that Victoria Secret sold makeup. I don't buy their bras, I never shop online with them, I don't get their catalog and the one store that I do go in at Christmas time to buy lotions as stocking stuffers doesn't carry makeup. I was reading another blog and saw that Victoria Secret had a makeup line out right now that is inspired by Christian Siriano's fall collection. If you are not sure who he is, Christian was the winner of Project Runway Season 4. Two of the products got me to do some googling and after a few phone calls I found a store that had the makeup line here in my town. I went shopping on Saturday and was really surprised at what I found.

Victoria Secret has a really awesome line of shadows simply titled "VS." Two of the shadows from their VS line that I fell in love with are 24 kt. and Fierce. I guess others love those two as well because they were sold out of both. Instead I consoled myself with buying VS Taboo($10), which is a sparkly purple color. It has an iridescence that is irresistible and a glitter that reminds me of Urban Decay's Midnight Cowboy. To go with this silky soft new shadow I picked up a darker color purple of the Beauty Rush line of wet/dry shadows in "Plum Crazy"($6).
After picking out 4 more of the Beauty Rush wet/dry shadows (come on, they were on sale buy 5 for $20) I remembered why I had gone to the store in the first place. I swatched the Christian Siriano products. While I did not buy any of the shadows (the color payoff was better in the normal line) I did pick up the Kajal Eye Liner. Victoria Secret's web site really describes it best: "Sumptuous, creamy, pigment-rich kohl liner, inspired by an ancient Egyptian beauty ritual, glides on for the ultimate smudged, smoky effect." They did not lie. It is by far the smoothest liner I have every purchased and the point is amazing. It is limited edition so get yours while they last, at $12 each they are sure to sell out.

No comments:

Post a Comment