Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Today's Beauty on a Budget Buy - E.L.F.


This morning I got an awesome email from e.l.f. (Eyes Lips and Face) cosmetics offering two items I have looked at before but never purchased. For the low price of only $20 including shipping (yes, I said including shipping) they are offering The Beauty Encyclopedia makeup palette and the e.l.f. step-by-step instructional DVD. Normally these products would cost $51.95 including shipping. But today I bought mine for $20!!!

I know that in the beauty blog world there are some who only use high end, expensive department store brands. Well, I think cosmetics are a lot like wine. I love a good bottle of Burgundy but I also know that there are some great California wines that cost a fraction of one from France. So why limit yourself? The same thing applies with makeup. Use what you like and what you can afford. I love Avon lipsticks (did you know they are the #1 US retailer of lipstick?) but I also love MAC eye shadows. Just remember name brand recognition does not always mean a superior product.

Another thing that I do to save money on my drug store brands is check the Sunday fliers each week for sales. At least once a month CVS has a sale buy-one-get-one or buy-one-get-one-50% off on a liquid foundation I like to use. So when it goes on sale I get two to save money. You can do the same thing to try new products that you may normally not select and save money at the same time.

If you have wanted to give e.l.f. a try too but have been waiting for a great deal, now is the perfect opportunity. Save Now by using code:BTSABE.

No comments:

Post a Comment